Currently Hiring For:
As an Eligibility Technician for the Grand Junction Housing Authority, you would be responsible for greeting and assisting clients in a courteous, professional manner with determining initial eligibility for Grand Junction Housing Authority (GJHA) Programs in compliance with GJHA policies and procedures and appropriate program rules and regulations, where applicable.
You will interact and serve a diverse population of individuals and learn the complex regulations and policies. Your customer service skills are paramount, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines and build relationships is a must.
- Supports other staff members in performance of their job responsibilities, including limited typing of routine correspondence as related to programs; i.e., waiting list purge letters, eligibility and annual recertification notices, notices of evictions, and responses to general inquiries of Programs.
- Adapts well to change in the work environment. Works with frequent interruptions and responds calmly and professionally to emergency situations. Demonstrates the ability to provide quality services to a culturally diverse population.
The pay range for this non-exempt position is $15.14/hour - $21/ hour and would be eligible for discretionary, performance-based bonuses. The position is benefit eligible with a benefit menu that includes health, dental, vision, basic life insurance, paid time off accruals, and holiday pay. The schedule is typically 8 hours a day, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week, with the possibility of occasional overtime and the ability to work an approved flexible schedule. This position requires full time work in-person, on site during the first 90 days of the position; after that, the opportunity for some remote work can be discussed. EOE
Deadline for application packets: Open Until Filled. Application instructions are below, and application can be found at the upper left hand side of this page.
- Complete the GJHA Employment Application - Filling in blanks with "See Resume" is unacceptable. (Application link is in upper right hand corner of page)
- Include a Resume
- Include a Cover Letter
- Submit everything listed above by the posted deadline: Application packets may be emailed to email@example.com, USPS, or dropped off at our 8 Foresight office.
- Individuals who have submitted a resume through Indeed still need to submit items 1 and 3 above to be considered for the posted position.
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off in person. Applications and attachments returned in person to the Housing Authority must be in a sealed envelope. Until further notice, our doors are locked and a drop box is located outside our front doors for your convenience. On the outside of the envelope please write ATTN: Personnel and also clearly write your name and the position you are applying for. To be considered for employment with GJHA, you must submit a GJHA employment application, resume, and cover letter. Resume’s will not be accepted in lieu of completing an application.
Grand Junction Housing Authority (Employer) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability or veteran status. It is our intent that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decision be based on job-related factors.