Currently Hiring For:
As a Maintenance Technician at the Grand Junction Housing Authority, you will put your best troubleshooting skills to work at an organization that takes pride in fostering a community in which families and individuals have an inviting and safe place to call home. If you pride yourself on a job well done and are a natural problem solver, then this is the job for you!
Our Maintenance Technicians are responsible for quality and timely general apartment maintenance and repair to ensure apartment homes and other property facilities are in good working order. Responsibilities include preparing apartments for move-in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and repairing heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) units; electrical appliances, outlets, and light fixtures; plumbing, carpentry, and locks. A majority of work is completed in occupied apartment units.
The ideal candidate has the ability to do the following:
- Must treat people with respect and work with integrity and professional ethics, upholding the agency’s values and mission. Represents the agency in a positive, professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Monitor and manage assigned work orders through an electronic work order system. Performs electronic recordkeeping related to labor hours and materials used. Monitor and utilize electronic communications such as email, text messages, electronic team meetings through different software platforms and respond accordingly.
The pay range for this non-exempt position is $18.41/hour - $25.82/ hour and would be eligible for discretionary, performance-based bonuses. The position is benefit eligible with a benefit menu that includes health, dental, vision, basic life insurance, paid time off accruals, and holiday pay. Outside of scheduled on-call hours, the weekly schedule is typically 8 hours a day, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week, with the possibility of occasional overtime. This position must be available to work on-call and respond to 24-hour call outs as assigned. This position requires full time work in-person, on site. EOE
Deadline for application packets: Open Until Filled. Application instructions are below, and application can be found at the upper left hand side of this page.
- Complete the GJHA Employment Application - Filling in blanks with "See Resume" is unacceptable. (Application link is in upper left side of page above)
- Include a Resume
- Include a Cover Letter
- Submit everything listed above by the posted deadline: Application packets may be emailed to email@example.com, USPS, or dropped off at our 8 Foresight office.
- Individuals who have submitted a resume through Indeed still need to submit items 1 and 3 above to be considered for the posted position.
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off in person. Applications and attachments returned in person to the Housing Authority must be in a sealed envelope. Until further notice, our doors are locked and a drop box is located outside our front doors for your convenience. On the outside of the envelope please write ATTN: Personnel and also clearly write your name and the position you are applying for. To be considered for employment with GJHA, you must submit a GJHA employment application, resume, and cover letter. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an application.
Grand Junction Housing Authority (Employer) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability or veteran status. It is our intent that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decision be based on job-related factors.